Do you need residential plumbing tips on preparing your home for guests? Whether you’re expecting short or long-term company, you want your home to be comfortable for them. You can ensure your house will always be ready for guests by applying these residential plumbing tips.
Clean Your Sink Drains
Regular plumbing maintenance will ensure that you don’t have an unexpected sink clog just as your guests are about to arrive. Clean your sink drain by doing the following steps:
- Take out the stopper and remove anything attached to it.
- Then, pour down one part of baking soda to two parts of white vinegar down the drain.
- Allow both chemicals to sit in the drain for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then, rinse the drain and eliminate any residue by pouring boiling water.
- Position the stopper back in the drain.
Clean Your Shower Drains
In addition, knowing how to polish shower drains can save you time later to ensure that your home is prepared for guests. So, follow these residential plumbing tips to clean your shower drains:
- Eliminate the drain cover and scrub it with a mix of vinegar and water or a mold remover chemical.
- Apply the same baking soda and vinegar method above to clean the shower drains.
- Then, flush the baking soda and vinegar with boiling water.
- Keep in mind to never pour bleach down the shower drains if you’re on a septic system. Otherwise, do it if you’re not on a septic system.
- Lastly, reinstall the shower drain cover.
Maintain Your Toilet Drain Clear of Blockage
Furthermore, try these residential plumbing tips to maintain your toilet drain clear:
- Give your toilet a firm plunging to remove any blockage in the drain.
- Turn off the water to your bathroom and flush the toilet to empty the tank.
- Use the baking soda and white vinegar method mentioned above and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn on the water and flush the toilet. Moreover, the baking soda and vinegar will loosen up any minor clogs. Then, the flushing washes everything away.
Overall, these are the several residential plumbing tips you can regularly complete to clean your sink drains to prevent significant plumbing problems later.
Get in Touch With B&D Today!
Dealing with any plumbing concerns that require a professional to step in? Struggling with an absolute plumbing emergency that can’t wait? Let B&D Plumbing know. B&D Plumbing Inc. services the greater Washington D.C. metropolitan area, including Maryland and Northern Virginia. Get in touch with us by calling (301) 595-1141 or follow us on social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. As a small, family-owned business, we understand how important your home is—and we offer exceptional service that matches!